Saturday, November 21, 2009

Piala Seri Endon Semi Final

0600 Woke up
0700 Reach times square
0730 Register as one of the participant for piala seri endon fashion category
0900 Breakfast is served
1000 We were ushered to a room to prepare our presentation on given mannequins

****

1300 Ordered lunch but it took forever to come.
1330 Gathered at the backstage for further instruction for catwalk.
1430 Catwalk at times square concourse area started. Our collection was the 2nd to come out.
1530 Everything ended. Titing (colleague and team mate) and I waited for 2nd catwalk.
1630 Catwalk of heat 2 started.
1730 Catwalk ended.
1800 Home.



This competition is really a good experience. It gives me a taste of what fashion designer is like, walking with your models along the runway with the clothes you make. Its really thrilling, although most of the time I worried if I would take the wrong step and fell like an idiot.

Overall, Titing and I think that we did our best, done everything we could and leave the rest to the judges and God. We think that all our blood sweat and money are really worth the moment, whether the judges like the garment or not.

The presentation doesn't go really well but its okay, there are meant to be critiques. Just need to accept and keep in mind.

One of the 2 thing I regret the most is that this post is just gonna be words, no pictures or to put it regretfully, no evidence of what we've accomplish so far. Maybe because by the time, I'm really tired, cant think of anything else besides hoping the models does not trip on the dress.

I brought camera, didn't take one good picture of the dress, of the models, of the show, of the catwalk, of our joint effort. I just cant believe I'm this stupid for once. Although media is almost a lot more than the participant, but it would be quite impossible to get the pictures from them.

The 2nd thing is that it is my first real show, on the catwalk, with media coverage. I didnt bother to invite any friends to support us. We didnt even ask our colleagues to come. Its just that the glorious moment just pass by in a blink of an eye, without any evidence, any witnesses. I really hoped that I invite all those who has faith in my passion, who has faith in me. I'm really terribly sorry. I really thank you guys for our utmost support.


This doesnt end the competition just yet, tomorrow I will need to go to times square one more time, to hear the results. Bless me.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, May!!!!!! All the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks yenny but i guess luck wont do everything. result it out and we're out too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. there's always another chance to try for. Don't worry, keep on going!!! at least you get new experience ma...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheer up! I have faith in you. When there is a first, there will also be a second, thrice and more invaluable experiences that will come your way. =)

    ReplyDelete